Sunday, May 10, 2009

I am so excited! 50 pounds!!!

About 3 months ago I went in to the doctor for a physical and I learned that I had elevated blood pressure. I pretty much freaked out. I, being almost 30 couldn't except that. With my Dad dying at 53 of a heart attack...that was not the route I wanted. So I have been changing my habits. I have been eating better and working out. I have not posted any of this on here, afraid of failure. But I told myself at 50 lbs I could share with all my blog buddies. So here you go 50 lbs later! It has been a total life change. And I am doing this so my kids will have a mom for a long time.

My journey is still going strong. I first set out with a goal of 88 pounds in mind. That is the weight when I married Clint. So I still have 38 to go! Then of course the toughest goal to maintain it. I could use all the advice or tips any of you may have. Please share! I will keep you posted. Wish me luck!


12 comments:

Heidi said...

woohoo! good for you! That's awesome Larissa! You look great! Happy Mother's day! :)

Lauralee said...

AMAZING Larissa! way to go.. last time I saw you in passing.. I thought.. she looks different!! You look incredible! that is a fast 50 lbs lost.. what are YOUR secrets? way to go, and good luck on the last few!

Steff said...

WOW! That is awesome. Congratulations, you look fantastic!

Sarah said...

You look great!! Congratulations!

Tfamily said...

Holy Crude that is great! I am so impressed. Keep up the good work, you are looking great.

Sue said...

Hey Larissa, you look absolutely wonderful! You have a right to be proud of yourself! I know it's not easy, losing almost 30 pounds myself last year as I got ready for the 3-Day walk. Keep it up. I love the picture with you and the kids. I'm sorry I missed you for Mother's Day. I was thinking of you and your Dad this weekend, as I was taking care of my mother. She said to give all of you her love. Know that I love you...and the kids...and Clint too, of course! =)

Felder Funnies said...

This is Robyn, Kristin's sister, and you look AMAZING... way to go!! She told me to look on your blog and see how good you looked and I am impressed!!

kthom said...

I haven't seen you forever and what a fun surprise to see you so happy! I am thoroughly impressed....any weight is hard to lose but 50, that's just amazing. Way to go!! Your're almost there!!

Lewis Family said...

Way to go Larissa! As long as you surround yourself with supportive people and make it a lifestyle change as far as good eating habits and exercise, you will have no trouble maintaining it. You are doing it for the right reasons...to be a good mom and wife and that is what counts most!

Tishelle Ward said...

You look FABULOUS! I am so impressed with you:) What a great goal to be healthy for your children. You can do it!!!

Justin and Stacey said...

Oh my heck, you look awesome!!! Way to go! What a great accomplishment. I can't wait to see the finale picture after you reach your goal...you are getting close! :)

Kristin said...

You look like the BOMB!