Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We miss Clint ALREADY!!


We officially have a weekend Daddy/Husband. The Oregon job has begun and Clint is on it.:( We are not sure how long he will be a part of it, but the job is supposed to be about 8 months long. He left on Monday morning at about 5, it is about 2 1/2 hours away. This week he is staying in a hotel and then I guess My Uncle David and Clint will be staying in a apartment that they are renting for them.
You all know how addicted I am to my Clint, this will be a huge adjustment. ( I think Clint working nights last summer helped though, I was able to learn how to sleep alone. ) I have the better end of the deal though, At least I have the kids. He sounded so board on the phone last night. 4 kids = never a dull moment.
One great thing I made myself learn before his departure. To make a fire! You might say, just now you learned? Yes! I must say I can do a lot of things, but I sucked at that! The ticket for me is to cut my own wood, so they are small enough that I don't smother the fire. I have my house so toasty! I am so proud, I love it!

3 comments:

J&LRodarte said...

Larissa, I didn't know he was leaving on that job! I am here if you ever need a buddy :) By the way, too funny about your background. I just changed mine last night. Ahh, great minds right?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fun day, all you "Thomas's". Larissa, you are SO funny!! Did you ever stop giggling last night?
I can see I'll have to catch up on the country songs and have it out with you and the girls! Great lunch, fun shopping and great birthday dinner at Erica's! It was a good day off! You can always give me a call.

Heidi said...

You crack me up Larissa!! Girl...it's about time you learned how to build a fire!! Lol! Sorry your hubby is far away, that's a bummer! Maybe once school's out you can take the kids to visit?? Spring break is coming soon!