Friday, October 17, 2008

Tag, I guess I am it!

I've been tagged!

My Cousin Lorri tagged me. Kristin she tagged you too, I am waiting!! She would like me to share 6 "quirky" things about myself.

This word Quirky has really got me stumped! I really don't know if these things are quirky. I have asked a few people what they would say, I do, that is quirky and I came to the conclusion that I just have a very obsessive personality. Everything I came up with that I thought was quirky, it would just fall back to the fact that it isn't that weird, but since I obsess about it, it becomes weird. Do you get it? Tell me what you think.:)

1. I have this thing about being on time. I will sometimes be 15 minutes early and wait in my car because I was afraid I might get stuck in traffic. If I am ever late check if Clint is with me, I swear he loves to make me late. I am only late if he is involved. The kids and I will wait in the car for him. I can get 4 kids and myself ready and he still is the last one ready. GRRR!

2. I love sauces and dips with my food. Sometimes I don't even think it is worth eating if I don't have my dip. 2 examples, I put french fry sauce( the mayo/ketchup combination) in my Tacos.
Like most people use sour cream I use fry sauce. And another food thing I do is, At a Mexican restaurant I put Sugar in my Salsa. It is so tasty, You know me, I love sweetness! But believe me, Everyone looks at me like I am a crazy woman!

3. In my back of my car, I have a full complete outfit for all 6 of us. You never know if you will need a change of clothes. What if a kid slips in the mud? Or Clint has to work on our car or Someone Else's car and gets wet or dirty? Or if I am holding a cute cuddly baby and it pukes or poops on me? You never know.

4. Laundry!!! I have this thing about LAUNDRY! It has to be done everyday. And when I say done I mean everything but what is on our backs. If I ever get behind, due to Camping or busy weekend, I will get up in the night and switch the loads and wake up before everyone and fold it. That is no big deal right? But when it gets weird is when I go to other peoples houses, and I see laundry I start doing it for them, weather it needs washed or folded or put away, I help myself, I feel like it calls my name. I almost don't even realize I do it, it is just 2ND nature.

5. My kids, I have some things that I think more obsessive than quirky but I will share.

I bathe my kids every morning. Even if they had a bath the night before, I have to bathe them in the morning. I am sure they might not even be dirty, but It is our routine and I stick to it. I feel like if not, they will not have a fresh start to the day.

I like my kids to always sleep in their own beds. I feel like everyone safe, sleeps better and is more rested in the morning. I am getting a little bit better with letting them spend the night with cousins,(as they get older) but I really don't care for it. Even if we are at home, I know a lot of people let their kids sleep in the living room or where ever. But If my kids fall asleep watching a movie I always carry them to their bed.

My kids have to wear undershirts. I feel like they look cleaner for some reason. I also think it make them stay warmer. They don't complain, they don't know any different. :) Weird I know!

Lane carries around a little blue puppy blanket, he sucks on it like a pacifier, and I am obsessed with it. He has 2 and I am so afraid to lose them. One has to be washed and one he gets to use. My cousins like to tease me with it and hide it. I swear it raises my blood pressure. I FREAK OUT if I don't know exactly where it is. I think I love it more than him. (Clint hates it and says he is too old. I tell him get used to it, he is a NEWBORN, and he will have it until he is 10.:))

6. I have a bed time routine. I have to wash my face ( and of course brush my teeth) before I go to bed. I have to have a large glass of ice water to drink on my night stand. Then when I get into bed I put on lip stuff, really thick, Like Kristin says, so it looks like I just ate fried chicken. Sexy I know! Then I pop my back. Then I rotate my pillow so it is cold on my ear. And I have to say, I can be asleep with in 5 minutes. I am sure because I am so OCD about all the above, I am exhausted!:)

So there you have it! I AM OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCING I AM A MORE FREAKISH THAN QUIRKY! I asked Clint what do I do that is weird, and he couldn't think of anything. I think he thinks everyone is just like me, Please don't tell him anything different. Tee hee. Are you sure you want to get to know me better, Lorri? I am crazy.

I now tag Kristin, Come on, double whammy!! Danette and Lanette, ( I am dying for a new post.:)) And make them very QUIRKY!

1 comment:

Tfamily said...

Those actually sound impressive. If you want to come do some of my laundry, I am sure we can work a deal out. Yes, I would say those are quirky, but quirky in a good way, not a whoa - Weirdo way. I actually wish I was more structured so I admire someone who is. Thanks for sharing. I have new admiration for you (on top of you being a great mom).
Yeah- come on Kristen, don't be chicken, we are all friends :)