Monday, September 22, 2008

A romantic weekend!!


We celebrated our Anniversary this weekend. We had a night of no kids. I had never left Lane over night. So this was a huge deal for me! Our girls were invited to stay the night with Grandma Sue. They had a blast, that is all they have been talking about. First they got to be a part of the Carol Decker BBQ. Then I guess they played dress up with all Erica's high school dance dresses and had a photo shoot.:) Took a "Long Relaxing bubble bath", Even got a violin lesson. Thanks Grandma!

My boys stayed the night with Matt and Erica. I was pretty nervous about leaving my newborn! Lets just I was really stressed about it! I woke up 2 days before with 3 cold sores, I am a FREAK!! Considering him being 2 years & 3 months, it was no big deal to him. Matt and Erica spoiled them rotten. They went bowling, went to dinner and ice cream at DQ, yummy! Then went visiting and got to play with Hailey and Colson's cousins. Then at bed time, Lane got to sleep in Colson's bed, and Carter got to have slumber party in Matt and Erica's room. Lane fell asleep in 2 minutes and slept through the night. I guess there was nothing to be worried about. He is a big "newborn"! Thanks Matt and Erica.

So, Clint and I didn't even know what to do with ourselves. We started out at lunch at Red Robin, then we walked the Supermall. It is unbelievable how fast you can shop when you are with a man and no kids. I think we set a record. The Supermall in 1 hour! Then we went to Fred Meyer and bought Clint his anniversary treat. New work boots! So exciting, for him anyway. Then we met up with some cousins and went to a comedy show, Giggles in Seattle. Pretty funny. We had a fun night. I love spending time with my husband, And since he has been working nights and not getting to hardly see him, it was nice to have him all to myself. It is getting a little easier to relax with no kids, but I still have more to learn. (3 cold sores is pretty pathetic). Maybe next year for our 10 year, we can do a whole weekend. 2 nights:)



I just thought I would share this picture. Today I went out front and Lane was climbing the tree in the front yard. I guess he is getting old if he can climb a tree. My little no shoe monkey.

3 comments:

Lauralee said...

sounds like a great weekend.. your newborn is HUGE.. climbing a tree and all.. he has such amazing abilities too! :)

we should set up some morning play dates with our boys!

Kristin said...

It always feels so nice to have a little break, even if we do still think about thoses little buggers the whole time.

Anonymous said...

I hope you got the CD with pics on it. Waitin' for them to be posted! The girls were just soooo beautiful! We all had a lot of fun. They even slept in the "new" bedroom with their own bathroom!